Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Neither hot tea...

...nor cold milk should you be drinking should you ever decide to pay a cybervisit to House of Representatives member Katayama Satsuki's homepage.

There is Photoshopping an image...and then there is Photoshoplifting it.

She a damn University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law graduate and a former Ministry of Finance career-track bureaucrat, for Amaterasu's sake! Who thought that such manipulation was necessary? Or not instantly, completely, risibly hilarious?

For an actual, unretouched photo of the former Mrs. Masuzoe--a handsome and accomplished woman, by any standard--check out her page on the LDP website.

---------------------
My thanks to reader TN for the tip.

4 comments:

Jun Okumura said...

Now, now, Shisaku, it could be the LDP website image that has been Photojobbed. You know, to give her, um, gravitas...

Anonymous said...

I saw that an thought immediately of Aso's plan, as foreign minister, to emphasize pop culture, mainly manga. What look was sought there? Teenaged anime character?

Ken said...

I like her hair better now, for what it's worth.

Ken said...

I just noticed you used the word 'handsome' to describe her. Now I feel uncomfortable about all the times my aunts told me I was handsome.

Thanks.